17 July 2012

Tour de France Stage 16 Prediction

Tomorrow's Stage 16 looks to be a grueling mountain stage.  There are two climbs with the classification hors catégorie; two others are category 1 climbs.  Instead of describing the stage in any more detail here, I invite you to examine the stage profile for yourself.  Click here to get to the Tour de France website's Stage 16 page.  You may examine the "Stage profile" and the "Mountain passes & hills" images to see just how tough tomorrow's stage really is.  Below is our prediction.
  • Stage 16:  5h 34' 01" (prediction)
Based on how the athletes have impressed me to this point, I won't be surprised if we are too slow.  It should be fun in the Pyrenees tomorrow!

2 comments:

  1. Hey Eric, I like your prediction but I do see the race going a little quicker as the challengers are running out of opportunities to take time out of Wiggins. I think that Sky will push the pace on the climbs to shed the contenders. I have great admiration for Cadel Evans and if he can find the legs, I would love to see him find a way to win with a time of 5h25'24".

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bob,

    It was clearly Thomas Voeckler's day. What a great finish! You had a good pick. I was shocked -- and happy -- to see that my pick missed by just 61 seconds. Tomorrow's stage is a real tough one to predict. That ending worries me.

    Eric

    ReplyDelete