29 February 2012

"Eric Night in America"

Okay, so I've got a silly title for this blog post, and there won't be much sports science.  Because I don't have any favorite professional teams, my rooting interests revolve around my two alma maters.  It's not every day that I get to see my two schools play back-to-back on national television. ESPN showed my 20th-ranked Hoosiers hosting 5th-ranked Michigan State at 7:00 pm, followed by my Commodores hosting 13th-ranked Florida at 9:00 pm.  Both my schools were underdogs, and both earned a double-digit victory.


Indiana, my graduate school, has beaten the #1-, #2-, and #5-ranked teams this season.  We had Michigan State's number tonight (click here for the box score), leading by 14 at the half and winning by 15.  Draymond Green for the Spartans was fantastic, scoring 29 of Michigan State's 55 points.  He should easily be the Player of the Year in the Big Ten.


Vanderbilt, my undergraduate school, joined Indiana as a school with 10 conference wins.  We shot well to knock off the highly-ranked Gators (click here for the box score) by 10 points.


My schools gave me four consecutive hours of wonderful basketball viewing tonight.  I even got to see a player from each of my schools hit a three-point bank shot.  A fun night indeed!

No comments:

Post a Comment