24 July 2011

Nearly perfect on Stage 21!

Here is the result from the final stage of the 2011 Tour de France:

  • Stage 21:  2h 27' 02" (actual), 2h 27' 40" (prediction), 38" slow (0.43% error)
Given how the last stage is usually run, I am quite happy with my prediction!  I asked yesterday if Mark Cavendish could win his third straight final stage -- and he did!  Here is his average speed:
  • Stage 21:  10.77 m/s (24.1 mph)
Congratulations to Cadel Evans for becoming Australia's first Tour de France winner!

Tomorrow I will post a summary of my predictions for this year's Tour de France.  Five stage predictions came in under 1% off.  Just one stage came in over 8%, and that was my dreadful Stage 16 (still an enigma for me!).  I am happy with how my model did!

No comments:

Post a Comment